Image obtained from http://www.bsi.vt.edu/chagedor/biol_4684/Cycles/Pcycle.html
Component of DNA, RNA, ATP, proteins and enzymes
- Cycles in a sedimentary cylce
- A good example of how a mineral element becomes part of an
- The source of Phosphorus (P) is rock.
- It is released into the cylce through erosion or mining.
- It is soluble in H2O as phosphate (PO4)
- It is taken up by plant roots, then travels through food chains.
- It is returned to sediment
[Sulfur Cycle; Oxygen Cycle ;Nitrogen Cycle ;Carbon Cylce]