department of communicative sciences & disorders
Perception and production of speech
Our lab is NOW ENROLLING participants for a study investigating the relationship between listening skills and speech skills in typical children and adolescents. Click here for our flyer.
What we are looking for:
• Children and adolescents between the ages of 9 and 14
• Native speakers of English
• No history of major hearing, speech, language, or learning difficulties
What participants will do:
• Complete a standardized test of speech production
• Complete a hearing screening
• Listen to speech over headphones and identify words by pressing a button
• Say syllables and words containing specific speech sounds. During this part of the study, participants' speech will be audio recorded.
How long it will take:
• Participation in this study will take about 1.5 hours.
• The study will take place in research space assigned to the Department of Communicative Sciences and Disorders at NYU (665 Broadway, 9th floor, or 726 Broadway, 5th floor).
What participants will receive:
• Small prizes throughout the study
• $40 upon completion
You will be asked to sign a written form that will explain the study and your rights in more detail.
If you are interested, contact our research team at 917-232-7547 or NYUchildspeech at gmail dot com.